Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Words That Flow.

Tuesday March 15th 2011 at approximatley 8:15pm, Kaylee Gemm Johnson recieved her first word from Pastor Steve Pennick.

I knew it was going to happen. I sat at the altar, legs crossed, playing with the buckle on my leather heals, periodically glancing at Pastor as he moved through out the crowd giving words and leading prayers, and I just knew. He moved past me going to Rigo and then moved passed me again towering over a shockingly silent Daniel, and then paused. I could see his slow footsteps out of the corner of my eye as he marched towards me. What was going through his head? How long did he have my word in there? Did he know what he was going to say or did it all come in that moment, the moment he stood above me and said "I'd like to pray for you sister". I couldn't breathe at that moment. He began to tell me about a scripture in Proverbs 13 (I think) and about the words I speak. So much was going on in my head. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh hysterically with emotion. Afterwards Jaime ran up to me, "Ha! I knew you'd get one." She was right all along, she knew I would no matter how many times I rejected them.
So many times I've seen words given but I never wanted one, never ever ever. I used to pray not to get one. And then tonight during prayer before service started, I prayed to God saying, "If you want me to have a word, I'll take it- I'm ready". And I was, so ready.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with it....
-Toby K.

No comments:

Post a Comment